Eye Fun Facts
- Of all our senses, sight determines 80% of what we learn.
- You see things upside down – it’s your brain that turns the image the right way up.
- Your eyeballs stay the same size from birth to death, while your nose and ears grow.
- An eye is composed of more than 2 million working parts.
- Green eyes are the rarest, with only 2% of the population having them.
The Path to Better Vision
There are many steps on the path to better vision—but it all starts in the exam chair
Contact lenses are complex medical devices that require a prescription. It’s important for all patients to know that no matter where they buy their lenses, the journey begins in their doctor’s office with a comprehensive eye exam.
Patients: Did You Know? Of the estimated 93 million US adults at high risk for vision loss, only half visited an eye doctor in the past 12 months1.
Discover other key insights like this along the path to better vision in our contact lens patient journey guide.
1. Zaba JN. Children’s Vision Care In The 21st Century And Its Impact On Education, Literacy, Social Issues, And The Workplace: A Call To Action. J Behav Optom 22;2:39-41. Journal of Behavioral Optometry
Fun facts sources: